Friday, April 15, 2011

My Pitch- Being in a Relationship


What is the difference between a successful relationship and a mediocre one?

Is it attentiveness, passion, trust, exceptional commitment?

Why be in a relationship at all?

I can tell you what I think.

I think at times my relationship can be extremely successful and at times I can feel mediocre. Being in a two year relationship can definitely be a roller coaster ride. At times I am on cloud 9; the happiest, most excited and in-love woman in the world. And at other times, I am crying on my couch wishing something would give.

            This is the way it works. There are ups and downs, highs and lows. But overall, my relationship is one of the best things to ever happen to me. I feel nothing compares to the security of a phone call when I need to tell someone about my day, having someone to turn to after the death of my dog, a failed exam- whatever it is. I have that safety cushion to land on every time- a dedicated, attentive, kind boyfriend.

            I guess this would be my pitch for having a significant other in college. Although there is definitely something to be said for being worry-free, no strings attached- going out and meeting new members of the opposite sex, flirting, and so forth, I find that nothing compares to having a kind of rock in your life that is your relationship. Someone to keep you from never feeling lonely and lost. Filling that place that no best friend, parent, or fling can fill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment