Thursday, March 17, 2011

Apologies & Attaining Forgiveness

Apologizing isn't the easiest thing to do, and it would be near impossible to have a long term relationship without ever needing to do so. Apologizing can be hard to do because you're in denial that you have anything to apologize for, you don't want to admit it, or you feel your partner never apologizes, so why should you?

I can assure you, that from my personal experience, apologizing usually helps a situation. But it is never that easy. A lot of times an apology is not enough to make up for what you've done, and you feel stuck then. What are you to do? Beg the person for their forgiveness? What is your best option in this situation?

Honestly, I have no idea, and it can be frustrating and upsetting. There are always going to be times when you wish you could take back what happened, and of course you cannot and a person may be extremely hurt by it and unable to let it go. One of the things I can say sometimes helps this is letting the person have some time to cool off, however hard that may be. Don't worsen things by getting frustrated and pressing the issue further.

I am not sure why giving them time works. I think to let them think about things, hopefully get less mad and more forgiving, and possibly make them miss you a tiny bit. But maybe not. Wish I had better advice. Let me know if you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment