Monday, March 21, 2011

Date Parties- Finding a Date

Sororities host date parties every semester in which the girl asks a date to attend with her. I ask a ZTA girl some questions about the struggles of asking someone to a date party.

What is involved in choosing a date for a date party?
Pros and cons. Talk to friends. Be comfortable with the person- you will have to spend the night with them.  Pros would be you are friends with him, you would have a good time with them. Pros are that he has to be sociable so that if I leave to talk to some friends, he will not feel left out or upset. Another pro is that he has to be arm candy. Cons of a person are if they have a girlfriend, if I think they may say no. I have to make sure to ask my date in advance, and I have to make sure that I trust my date to be appropriate.

How did you ask your date? 
First, I asked this kid who has a girlfriend to go with me as a friend. Unfortunately, his fraternity has an activity planned for that night, so I  had to ask someone else. I ironically decided to ask his roommate. The person I asked is a close friend, so I am glad that it worked out like this. He is also friends with my friend's date, so that is a big pro.

Is there another big consideration?
I was afraid to ask someone because I did not want him to think I like him. He already told me he likes me, so I did not want to give him the wrong impression. It is hard to find that balance because I would like to go with him but at the same time I do not want to end up hurting him in the long run.

Is it worth the stress?
We'll find out! I feel bad for guys I didn't realize how hard it is to ask someone to be your date.

No comments:

Post a Comment